TYLER, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – The Brookshire Grocery Company is extending the appreciation pay for its more than 14,000 retail and logistics employee-partners as a thank you for their dedication and service to customers and communities during the COVID-19 crisis.
According to BGC, the pay is an increase of the extension that started March 24.
“Almost two months into this crisis, our employee-partners’ efforts continue to have a profound impact on our communities,” said Brad Brookshire, Chairman and CEO for Brookshire Grocery Co.
“We are continuing to give back as a reflection of gratitude for what they are doing every day. As an essential business for our communities, we will continue to keep our stores open and keep our operations moving to get products on the shelves. No matter how long this lasts, I am certain that our BGC team is up for the challenges this pandemic brings.”
BGC says the company is committed to recognizing and honoring its employees. BGC has already invested more than $8 million including the increased wages for those in their stores and logistics, two half-week’s bonus checks, an extra employee discount, on-site meals, and a compensation plan for those who may be directly affected by COVID-19. The company has also made several favorable changes to benefits including temporarily waiving co-pays for medical services delivered via MDLive.
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- Member of Texas National Guard assigned to Capitol security tests positive for COVID-19
- DeSoto Parish Schools & DPSO offering free COVID-19 mobile testing
- Shreveport veteran survives, recovers from coronavirus
- Kids ask healthcare superheroes questions this weekend on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’