The Arklatex could see freezing rain, ice, and possibly snow the first week of January.
Bud Chauncy, Owner of First Class Driving School in Bossier, has some tips to keep you safe on the road.
1. Drive slow.
2. Leave extra room between your car and the car in front of you.
3. If you have to scrape ice off your windshield, don’t forget to also scrape off your headlights and tail lights.
4. If you start to spin out:
- If you have anti-lock breaks, push firmly on the break and hold it down while you steer
- If you don’t have anti-lock breaks, pump the break peddle as your steer
5. Keep all your steering, speeds, and braking gentle. Harsh movements are very bad in bad weather.