Caddo Parish residents asked to report home damage from Hurricane Laura


CADDO PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — If you live in Caddo Parish you are being asked to report any damage caused to your home by Hurricane Laura.

According to Sheriff Steve Prator, even if you have insurance you should report the damage to the Caddo Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness.

The information collected will be reported to FEMA to determine if the area meets the threshold for FEMA assistance.

Residents with home damage should call (318) 675-2255 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday as soon as possible. Be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Phone number
  • Date the damage occurred
  • Address, city, parish, and zip code
  • Do you own or rent the damaged property?
  • Is there insurance for this property damage?
  • How bad is the damage? (cosmetic, nonstructural, extensive, primarily uninhabitable, inaccessible)
  • Type of structure (single family, multi-family, manufactured home, business)

Prator said reporting is only for residential dwellings. Do not call to report damage to fences, boats, docks, vehicles, outside structures, or fallen trees in your yard.

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the Arklatexhomepage News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss