The cause of the brush fire that burned more than 60 acres in a wooded area of Princeton in Bossier Parish on Saturday has been confirmed.
Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office Lt. Bill Davis says a residential outdoor burn at the end of Booker Road got out of control.
Multiple agencies fought to get it under control for more than three hours and got it under control around 6 p.m. No one was hurt.
Davis says no burn bans are in effect in Bossier Parish, “but encourage residents to take proper precautions if they do burn leaves or debris in the yard.“
Here are some of those precautions:
- Always be aware of your surroundings as you start your burn.
- Be mindful of weather conditions, including wind, dry conditions, humidity, and temperature.
- Do not burn near a building.
- Do not leave a fire unattended.
- Have extinguishing materials on hand, such as a water hose, shovel, rake.
- Call for help immediately if the fire gets out of control.