Bossier Parish officials have been receiving complaints after a trash company unexpectedly goes out of business.
On Time Waste Disposal says due to equipment difficulties beyond their control they have closed the business. Bossier Parish officials say they’ve contacted seven companies who will pick up the slack. They also say they are having a meeting on trash pick up next Wednesday.
“Unfortunately companies go out of business all the time. The citizens will find people very willing to get their situation fixed,” said Bossier Parish Administrator, Bill Altimus.
For residents who now find themselves without trash pickup service, the following is a list of waste pick-up companies operating in the parish and contact information:
• Republic Waste Services/Allied Waste: serves all areas of the parish; call 318-213-5050 or 817-317-2000. • Patriot Disposal: does not serve south Bossier Parish; call 318-918-1103.
• Best Waste – Murray Sparks: call 318-377-8222; cell 318-208-4919; email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; may leave message on Facebook page.
• Progressive Waste Solutions: call 318-635-1700; serves Benton, Haughton, Princeton.
• Dump It Disposal: call 318-455-8136; serves areas north of Hwy. 160.
• Waste Commander: call 318-377-8867; serves Haughton, Lake Bistineau area.