SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The Caddo Parish School Board approved raises on Wednesday for hard-to-fill essential positions.
The pay increase will be retroactive to December 1, 2020 and would increase the hourly rate of pay from $7.25 to $10.00 per hour. It would apply to substitute paraprofessionals, substitute custodians, and substitute bus drivers and cafeteria workers.
Staff reviewed concerns regarding attracting and retaining substitute classified staff members in areas of critical shortage and looked at comparative salaries for similar positions throughout the region.
They determined that these positions are outlined as essential to district operations, as the school system works to maintain support services in response to the pandemic and know it’s imperative to sustain a dependable substitute pool, which can only be achieved with a competitive salary.
More Local News
- President addresses U.S. Conference of Mayors; Adrian Perkins appears on C-SPAN
- David Raines Community Health Centers opens Saturdays for COVID vaccinations
- Texarkana Symphony to perfom music from composer John Williams
- LSU Health Shreveport resuming COVID-19 vaccines to citizens on Jan. 25 & Jan. 26
- Search underway for person wanted in Sabine Parish car theft