Crews battle fire at Shreveport apartment complex

Local
House fire generic_1513440729647.jpg

SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — Investigators believe cooking may have played a role in last night’s fire at a Shreveport apartment complex.

Crews responded to the blaze shortly before 9:30 p.m. Sunday at the Foxborough Cove Apartments in the 8200 block of Pines Rd.

According to the Shreveport Fire Department, it took 26 firefighters and 17 minutes to bring the fire under control. Crews were able to contain the blaze to the kitchen where it originated.

No one was injured in the fire.

The cause of the blaze was determined to be accidental and occurred during cooking.

SFD would like to remind everyone to never leave food unattended while cooking. If you would like to know more about cooking safety tips, please contact the Shreveport Fire Prevention Bureau at (318) 673-6740.

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the Arklatexhomepage News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Check This Out
Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss