CARTHAGE, Texas (KETK) – A Carthage man was killed early Friday morning after driving on the wrong side of the road.
A DPS report said that just before 7:30 a.m. on June 11, 58-year-old Larry D. Bellamy was driving a 2020 Chevrolet Colorado on FM 2517.
The report states that Bellamy was “travelling on the wrong side of the road” but does not say for how long.
Bellamy’s car struck a 2019 Volvo that was towing a trailer. The Volvo driver was identified as 67-year-old Arthur Carl Colier, a Deberry resident.
Bellamy was pronounced dead at the scene and Collier was taken to UT Health in Carthage in stable condition.
The crash is still being investigated.
- ‘Out of my body’: Osaka sharp in debut at Tokyo Olympics
- What to watch Sunday night, Monday morning at the Tokyo Olympics
- ‘I’m just so happy’: US swimmer Emma Weyant basks in silver win
- Ledecky sets up 1st Olympic showdown with Aussie rival
- Watch: Biles advances to all six gymnastics finals at Tokyo Olympics