SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Families are displaced days before Christmas due to faulty maintenance on a heater that caused an apartment fire Thursday morning.

The Shreveport Fire Department received a call about a fire at the Briarwood Apartments around 8 a.m. According to Battalion 3 Chief Lawrence Goodman, two apartments caught fire due to a heater that was worked on Wednesday.

Both apartments were occupied when the fire started but no one was injured. However, Goodman says five to seven people are displaced.

Download the ArkLaTexHomepage app to keep up with the latest top stories, breaking news, weather, sports, and more!