Fire destroys SUV in southwest Shreveport restaurant parking lot

Local News
Zaxby's fire 3-23-19_1553375745633.JPG.jpg

(KTAL/KMSS) A toddler is being treated at a local hospital after the car she was in caught on fire this morning in the parking lot of a southwest Shreveport restaurant.

The call came in just after 9:30 a.m. today, and when firefighters arrived, they found an SUV on fire outside Zaxby’s Restaurant in the 9600 block of Mansfield Road.

Witnesses at the scene tell NBC6/FOX33 the car is owned by an employee at the restaurant, however that was not confirmed by the Shreveport fire Department.

SFD Chief Fred Sanders did confirm that a child sustained 2nd Degree burns on 19 percent of her body and was transported to a local hospital. Two other children were in the car at the time of the fire, but were uninjured. 

The fire is under investigation by the Shreveport Fire Department and the Shreveport Police.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss