SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — LSU Health Shreveport is continuing its effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 by offering free testing.
Coronavirus testing will be offered this week and next week at the following locations:
- Monday, Aug. 3 from 9 a.m until 4 p.m. at Airport Park, 6500 Kennedy Dr., Shreveport
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Airport Park, 6500 Kennedy Dr., Shreveport
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Centenary College – Gold Dome, 3482 Dixie Dr., Shreveport
- Thursday, Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Centenary College – Gold Dome, 3482 Dixie Dr., Shreveport
- Friday, Aug. 7 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Centenary College – Gold Dome, 3482 Dixie Dr., Shreveport
- Every Thursday – Aug. 6, 13, 20 & 27 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Galilee Baptist Church 1500 Pierre Ave.
- Friday, Aug. 7 from 8 a.m. until noon at the Delta Sorority House 1301 Sycamore Ave.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 8 a.m. until noon at Northwood High School 5939 Mooringsport Rd.
If you want to be tested bring an ID and insurance card, if applicable. There are no out-of-pocket costs and no one will be turned away based on their insurance status. Testing is available at the times listed or until all test kits have been utilized.
You will receive your test results within 3-4 days via the MyChart patient portal or by phone.
If you test positive you will have the opportunity to participate in Ochsner’s 14-day symptom tracker program designed for COVID-19 patients who do not require hospital care. You will receive daily text messages to monitor symptoms and can be connected to our 24/7 nurse on-call line for additional support.
In addition to offering community testing, LSU Health has the following resources available:
- Call the free COVID-19 information line at (844) 888-2772 for 24/7 advice.
- LSU Health patients can schedule a video visit with their provider and send secure messages via MyChart.
- New patients can see a provider over video through ochsnerlsuhs.org/anywhere or via the Ochsner Anywhere Care app.