A Haughton man is behind bars after he allegedly robbed two people at gunpoint and led authorities on a high speed chase.
Investigators say 30-year-old Billy St. Andry and 22-year-old Tesse Sears, who had apparently been doing drugs, decided to run some errands Sunday and pick up the third person in the Lake Bistineau area.
St. Andry became enraged along with way, and when they stopped at a convenience station on Highway 157, he attempted to rob Sears at gunpoint. He then robbed the other man at gunpoint.
After giving St. Andry the money, the man ran away, while St. Andry continued to argue with Sears until he told her to get out of the car and he drove off.
A chase by Bossier Sheriff’s Office deputies, Haughton Police Department officers and Louisiana State Police troopers soon ensued as St. Andry fled through the town of Haughton and then east on Hwy 80.
St. Andry eventually stopped just over the Webster Parish line where he was taken into custody without incident.
After facing his drug possession charges with the Webster Parish Sheriff’s Office after he was stopped on Sunday, St. Andry was booked into the Bossier Maximum Security Facility Monday afternoon on the following Bossier Sheriff’s Office charges:
- ·Armed robbery (of other man)
- Attempted armed robbery (of Sears)
- Aggravated battery (for getting physical with Sears while in the vehicle).
- Two counts of aggravated kidnapping (holding both Sears and the other man against their will)
- Aggravated flight from an officer
- Convicted felon with a firearm (simple burglary charge in 2013)
- Obstruction of justice (throwing the weapon and cash out of the window)
St. Andry admitted to detectives about the robbery, as well as throwing the gun and cash out of the window while fleeing law enforcement officers. Deputies were able to recover the gun and cash.
St. Andry faces a bond of $630,000.
Sears was arrested on two separate warrants involving drugs:
- Possession of Schedule I (marijuana) with intent to distribute
- Possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine) with intent to distribute
- Distribution, Manufacturing, and Possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine)
- Possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine) for possessing drugs on her person
She was booked into the Bossier Maximum Security Facility Sunday where she faces a $80,000 bond.