Two Oklahomans have died from the flu and dozens have been hospitalized.
On Thursday, the Oklahoma State Department of Health announced two people, over the age of 65 died as a result of the flu, in northeast Oklahoma.
In all, experts say that 56 Oklahomans have been hospitalized with the flu since the season began on September 1.
- Birth to age 4: Five hospitalizations
- Age 5 to 17: Two hospitalizations
- Age 18 to 49: 13 hospitalizations
- Age 50-64: 10 hospitalizations
- Age 65+: 26 hospitalizations
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say you should be vigilant with washing your hands, avoid touching your eyes and mouth, get plenty of sleep and eat healthy to help give your immune system a boost.