BATON ROUGE, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The Department of Health has identified COVID-19 clusters in 40 long-term care facilities in the state, including three in Northwest Louisiana.
According to the LDH, clusters have been identified in the following facilities in Region 7, which includes all of NWLA:
- Brookdale Shreveport Assisted Living
- Montclair Park Assisted Living Center
- Vivian Healthcare Center
All three of the facilities are in Caddo Parish, where a total of 20 new cases were reported by the state as of Tuesday at 12 p.m. Two more deaths were also reported, bringing the total in the parish to 20.
The LDH defines clusters as areas where two or more cases that appear to be connected have been confirmed. State health officials have not provided details on the total number of cases at each facility where clusters have been identified.
For context, there are a total of 436 nursing homes and adult residential care facilities in Louisiana.
The Louisiana Department of Health says they will rely on facilities for reporting on the most up-to-date information, and that the Department continues to work with facilities to minimize the spread of the illness and protect residents and staff.
More Coronavirus News
- COVID-19 in Arkansas: State sees week-to-week drop in new cases, Gov. Hutchinson notes increase in vaccine delivery
- COVID Relief Package: Two NW Louisiana parishes receive millions for improvements
- Texas spends $1.5M to kick off next phase of COVID-19 vaccination campaign
- More than 2/3 of Louisiana lawmakers get COVID-19 vaccine
- Two drive-thru COVID vaccine clinics being provided to Minden residents