Lit cigarette possible cause of early morning house fire

Local News
Timberview Lane and Jewella Avenue fire cigarette

Shreveport firefighters worked an active fire at a home on Timberview Lane and Jewella Avenue.

Fire Chief Cedric White says they got the call just before 3 a.m. Tuesday. When they arrived to the home, a woman told them she fell asleep with a lit cigarette in her mouth. The chief says they believe the cigarette fell on the mattress starting the fire. 

The woman was not injured but the bedroom is heavily damaged. No other injuries were reported. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss