SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Louisiana State Police say they captured and arrested two Texas fugitives hiding out at a Shreveport casino on Wednesday.
State police say agents with the LSP Gaming Enforcement Division arrested 39-year-old Marcus Bresler of Longview and 36-year-old Clinton Briggs of Gladewater around 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Both men had active warrants out of Gregg County.
The arrests came after the Gregg County Sherriff’s Office contacted LSP Troop G with a tip that the two wanted fugitives were possibly staying in a Shreveport casino.
Gaming Enforcement Troopers responded to the lead and started an investigation and surveillance that led to the location and arrests of both men. State police say they also found a stolen firearm and marijuana on Bresler when he was taken into custody.
Bresler was booked into Caddo Correctional Center fugitive warrants out of Hopkins and Gregg counties, as well as assault of family or household member by impeding breath or circulation, aggravated assault in retaliation, felon in possession of a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of marijuana.
Briggs was booked into Caddo Correctional Center on a fugitive warrant out of Gregg County, as well as forgery of a financial instrument.
LSP says they are committed to investigating and apprehending fugitives that attempt to hide in the Louisiana state. To report suspicious activity visit http://la-safe.org/ and clicking on the “Suspicious Activity” link.
- Shreveport man charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in 10-year-old son’s death
- CPSO: 4 arrested, 1 sought in connection with forgery & counterfeit check ring
- SPD seeks to ID man tied to business burglary
- Mayor Perkins hopes information on upcoming trip to NOLA/BR will help fight crime in Shreveport
- Louisiana police lieutenant accused of soliciting sex from woman involved in crash