Join Walter B. Jacobs Memorial Nature Park for the 7th Annual Bugs, Bats, & Bones. Enjoy an evening of non-scary, free, family-friendly fun!
So many activities to do:
- Guided Night Hikes- Leave your flashlight behind and explore your senses in the dark. Space limited.
- Nocturnal Insect Hunt- Help professional entomologists check out the night life.
- Exhibits & Presentations- Visit the Snake Pit, the Spider’s Web, the Bat Cave, and more to learn the truth about these “creepy” animals.
- Crafts- Arts and crafts activities for all ages, toddler to adult.
- Games- Test your trivia skills on our bone and artifact game or join in a round of Bug Bingo and win prizes!
- Get Your Grub On- Enjoy a tasty treat from Cafe Insecta if you’re brave enough!
- Storytime-Our littlest visitors can hear some not too creepy stories.
The following weekend (Nov. 4th) the park will have another event. Art in the Park is an annual nature and wildlife art show and sale featuring all local artists from the Shreveport-Bossier area.
There will be live demonstrations by artists and hands-on art activities for all ages of children and adults.