(KTAL/KMSS/KSHV) — In light of National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, April 24, officials in the ArkLaTex will be hosting plenty of events in the region where people can dispose of their unwanted medications.
Drug Take-Back Day is a national effort from the U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration to keep prescription drugs off the street and prevent overdoses. Sites across the U.S. will collect and dispose of leftover, expired, and unwanted drugs.
See the list below to find a collection site near you:
- Caddo Parish — Sheriff’s Safety Town, 8910 Jewella Avenue, Shreveport, La. from 10 a.m. — 2 p.m.
- Webster Parish — Dixie Inn Police Department, 60 Shell Street, Dixie Inn, La. 71055
- Titus County — Super 1 Foods, 602 S Jefferson Ave, Mount Pleasant, Texas 75455
- Morris County — Brookshire’s, 609 Linda Dr, Daingerfield, Texas 75638
- Marion County — Brookshire’s, 404 E Broadway St, Jefferson, Texas 75657
- Harrison County — Super 1 Foods, 207 E End Blvd N, Marshall, Texas 75670 // Harrison County Sheriff’s Office, Old Harrison County Courthouse, Peter Whetstone Square, 200 W Houston St, Marshall, Texas 75670 // Hallsville Police Department, 105 W Main St, Hallsville, Texas 75650
- Bowie County — Texarkana Emergency Center, 4646 Cowhorn Creek Rd., Texarkana, Texas
- Sevier County — Sevier County Sheriff’s Office, 137 Robinson Rd, De Queen, Ark. 71832 // Walmart Supercenter, 926 E Collin Raye Dr, De Queen, Ark.71832
- Miller County — Texarkana Emergency Center, 4646 Cowhorn Creek Rd., Texarkana, Texas
- Columbia County — Southern Arkansas University Police Department, Southern Arkansas University
- Nevada County — Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, 209 E 3rd St S, Prescott, Ark. 71857, Prescott Police Department, 128 W Main St, Prescott, Ark. 71857
- Howard County — Howard County Sheriff’s Office, 101 Isaac C. Perkins Bypass, Nashville, Ark. 71852
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.