Man dies after early morning house fire in Marshall

Local

MARSHALL, Texas (KTAL/KSHV) — A man was killed early Monday morning following a house fire in Marshall.

The blaze broke out shortly before 2 a.m. in the 4300 block of Jeff Davis Dr.

According to the Marshall Fire Department, when crews arrived the home was engulfed in flames and after conducting their search they found a man dead inside the house.

MFD officials said the man’s wife was able to escape the burning home unharmed.

No one else was injured in the fire.

Fire investigators believe the blaze may have started in the fireplace.

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the Arklatexhomepage News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss