The Outreach Services North Louisiana is hosting a 2K Anti-Bullying Walk on Saturday, October 16 2018. You can register online or at the race starting at 8am at Mall St Vincent. For more information on registration and services offered visit the website.
Did You Know?
- More than one out of every five (20.8%) students report being bullied (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2016).
- 33% of students who reported being bullied at school indicated that they were bullied at least once or twice a month during the school year (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2016).
- Of those students who reported being bullied, 13% were made fun of, called names, or insulted; 12% were the subject of rumors; 5% were pushed, shoved, tripped, or spit on; and 5% were excluded from activities on purpose (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2016).
- Students who experience bullying are at increased risk for poor school adjustment, sleep difficulties, anxiety, and depression (Center for Disease Control, 2015).
- Students who experience bullying are twice as likely as non-bullied peers to experience negative health effects such as headaches and stomachaches (Gini & Pozzoli, 2013).
(Data provided by Pacer's National Bullying Prevention Center. Visit their website to see more bullying statistics.)