The public is invited to attend committee meetings of advisors assisting Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins in setting an agenda on Thursday and Friday at Central Art Station, 810 Crockett Street, and Artspace, 708 Texas Street.
The purpose of the meetings is for the committees to receive input from invited speakers. Space for the meetings is limited.
The Schedules are as follows:
Thursday, February 21: Central Art Station, 810 Crockett St.
- 8 – 9:45 a.m.: Community Partners Committee
- 10 – 11:45 a.m.: Technology Committee
- 1 – 2:45 p.m.: Infrastructure Committee
- 3 – 4:45 p.m.: Education Committee
Thursday, February 21: Artspace, 708 Texas St.
- 5-6:45 p.m. Entertainment Committee
Friday, February 22: Central Art Station, 810 Crockett St.
- 8 – 9:45 a.m.: Economic Development Committee
- 12 – 1:45 p.m.: Public Safety Committee
- 2 – 3:45 p.m.: Quality of Life Committee
The committees are under the umbrella of Future of Shreveport, the non-profit agency formed to advise Perkins. The eight committees are soliciting information to provide to the mayor’s transition advisory board. The board is to recommend an agenda of achievable priorities for the Perkins administration over the next four years.
The transition advisory board and its eight committees also are gathering input through the Future of Shreveport Facebook page. Questions will be posted to the Facebook page from the advisory committees, and the public is invited to respond.
Additional information also is at futureofshreveport.org.