SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – A propane tank caused a house fire in a Shreveport neighborhood early Tuesday morning.

Police and fire units responded to a fire in the 1700 block of Anna St. in the Allendale neighborhood around 3 a.m. Police say the fire started when the owner started using a propane tank and an old burner.

“If you have space heaters, gas heaters, in your home, get those things serviced,” Chief John Lane said. “Get them checked. Get a professional to come out and check. If you don’t see a complete flame from across the bottom of that heater, that’s incomplete burning; get that checked and cleaned.”

No one was hurt but the homeowner is displaced and the Red Cross has been contacted for assistance, Chief Lane said.

Download the ArkLaTexHomepage app to keep up with the latest top stories, breaking news, weather, sports, and more!