SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Some local religious leaders are doing their part to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Senior pastors joined Bishop Larry Brandon at Praise Temple Wednesday to pray for the nation and world in light of the pandemic.
Brandon said he encourages people to make the most of their time in social isolation and quarantine. He said people shouldn’t live in fear but should take the necessary health precautions.
“These are some exciting times, because this is a time for strong leadership,” said Brandon. “And this is a time for the truth to rise and for strong people to rise up and show what we’re about. This is the time for the church to be the church.”
Brandon added that “cleanliness is next to Godliness,” and said high-traffic areas of the church are being frequently disinfected.
More Coronavirus News
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Southern System’s statewide vaccination event huge success at SUSLA
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says
- More vaccinated Americans report side effects from Moderna than Pfizer, study finds
- Why does the second COVID vaccine shot have more side effects than the first?