Texas man dies after electronic cigarette explodes

Local News
Man dies after electronic cigarette explodes 02.05.19_1549390743156.PNG.jpg

A Fort Worth man died after an electronic cigarette he was using exploded, cutting a major artery in his neck, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

William Eric Brown, 24, died Jan. 29 at John Peter Smith Hospital due to “penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen,” the medical examiner said, noting shrapnel from the blast severed his left carotid artery.

The report did not identify the brand of electronic cigarette or offer other details.

Brown’s grandmother Alice Brown said he told her he was going out to buy some vaping products.

“He said, ‘I’ll be right back granny,'” Alice Brown said.

Brown was sitting in his car in front of a vape supply store on the 4500 block of Golden Triangle when his pen exploded, Alice Brown said. 

An employee at the store said Brown never entered the store and declined to comment further.

Click here for more 
 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Check This Out

Trending Stories

Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss