If you live in Shreveport you will soon be able to access a reliable ride at the touch of a button.
Uber will officially launch in Shreveport at 12 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15.
General Manager of Uber Louisiana David Brightman said, “Starting tomorrow, Shreveport residents will have access to reliable rides and flexible work opportunities at the push of a button. We are thrilled to bring Uber to the Shreveport community and appreciate the hard work of Mayor Tyler, Councilmember Bowman, and the entire Shreveport City Council, who paved the way for this launch. Access to safe rides and flexible earning opportunities shouldn’t stop at city limits, which is why it’s time for the Louisiana Legislature to pass one clear set of rules for ridesharing throughout the state.”
While the Shreveport ridesharing ordinance allows for Uber’s operations within the city, Louisiana’s lack of a statewide framework means that those in the surrounding areas are left behind. Forty-five states, including Texas and all of Louisiana’s neighbors, have passed statewide frameworks for ridesharing so that residents know access to a safe ride is available and driver-partners are not restricted in their ability to earn income.
With a presence in more than 600 cities in 78 countries, millions of people across the globe open the Uber app every day to request a ride or make money. Those interested in riding or driving with Uber in Shreveport can download the free smartphone app and sign up at www.uber.com.
The technology built into the app provides safety features to both riders and drivers before, during, and after a trip that were not possible before:
- No more street hails or waiting outside to find a ride. A rider can start the Uber app from anywhere and wait safely inside for the car to arrive.
- Trips are no longer anonymous. When a driver accepts a request, a rider sees his or her first name, photo, vehicle model, and license plate number.
- Share your location. Riders can easily share their trip details – including the specific route and estimated time of arrival – in real time with selected friends or family at the touch of a button.
- Feedback and ratings after every trip. Riders and drivers are able to rate each other and provide feedback for every trip before requesting or accepting their next ride.
- 24/7 support. If something happens during a ride, whether it’s a traffic accident or a lost purse in a car, our customer support team is ready to help 24/7.
For more information, visit www.uber.com.