The United Way kicked off their Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, also known as VITA from Feb. 1 to the end of tax season at 11 locations throughout the area.
VITA is available for residents who earned $54,000 or less in 2017.
1. Caddo Community Action Agency –
1625 David Raines Blvd, Shreveport, LA 71107
2. Caddo Community Action Agency
4055 St. Vincent Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71108
3. Carter Federal Credit Union
203 South Main Street, Ste. B Springhill, LA 71075
4. City of Natchitoches – Housing Authority
536 Culbertson Lane, Natchitoches, LA 71457
5. Highland Center Ministries
520 Olive Street, Shreveport, LA 71104
6. Greater Saint Paul Baptist Church –
510 High Street, Minden, LA 71055
7. Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church – Sadies Arms
5340 Jewella Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71109
8. New Horizons Independent Living Center
1111 Hawn Avenue #A, Shreveport, LA 71107
9. Southern Hills Recreation Center — AARP
1002 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA 71118
10. Barksdale Air Force Base – ACTIVE MILITARY
2nd Bomb Wing Tax Center
Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
You can also visit any United Way of Northwest Louisiana location for VITA help as well.
Taxpayers earning less than $66,000 can enter their data through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes from home, at work or on mobile devices.