CADDO PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The Caddo Parish Coroner’s office has confirmed three more deaths as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total number of those killed by the coronavirus in the parish to 15.
According to the coroner’s office, a 75-year-old man and a 48-year-old man died on Thursday. The coroner’s office has not released any names.
One of the men passed away at his residence and the other died at Willis-Knighton Medical Center on Greenwood Road. The third patient was a 62-year-old man who died at Willis-Knighton Bossier Health Center on Wednesday.
As with previous cases, officials say all three men suffered from pre-existing serious health conditions. The first Caddo Parish COVID-19 death occurred on March 24, 2020.
- Mass flu clinic underway in SWAR; free COVID-19 testing also offered
- Louisiana reports 249 new COVID-19 cases, 9 more deaths
- Ochsner LSU Health offers free COVID-19 testing in Shreveport, Natchitoches
- CDC: Updated guidance on spread of coronavirus was accidentally posted draft
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops