BATON ROUGE, La. (BRProud) – Pastor Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church is in the news again.
Spell is the pastor who has continued in-person services in Central, Louisiana with hundreds of people in his church amid the coronavirus outbreak. He was arrested and issued a summons on March 31, charged with six counts of disobeying the powers of government and 1 count each of gathering after Gov. John Bel Edwards issued a “stay at home” order that went into effect on March 23.
Now, Spell has issued a #PastorSpellStimulusChallenge via a YouTube video, asking people to “donate your stimulus package to: Home Missions, Missionaries, Evangelist or Churches!”
You can watch the video below:
- Hospital support staff seek better pay and protections from COVID-19
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’
- Louisiana’s coronavirus vaccine plans starting to take shape
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines