DELHI, La. — A Delhi man is dead after police say he was hit by a train on Monday.
According to the Delhi Police Department, the accident happened on Monday around 3:30 AM near the intersection of Chatham Street and U.S. Highway 80.
Police say the victim, identified as 57-year-old Will Jiles, was laying on the tracks when the train hit him.
Police are unsure if Jiles was asleep or passed out due to other factors.
The coroner has ruled the case as an accidental death.
- Hurricane Laura evacuees receiving tools to vote and complete census
- Bossier NAACP is helping people to cast their vote in November by holding a voter registration drive
- SPD seeks public’s help in finding 15-year-old boy, reportedly ran away from home
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate