(KLFY) – Governor John Bel Edwards announced late Tuesday that he will be meeting with President Trump and Vice President Pence Wednesday at the White House.
Edwards announced the meeting via social media adding that “I am appreciative of the President’s attention to Louisiana and his support for our people during this difficult time.”
The meeting comes just two days after Governor John Bel Edwards announced an extension to Louisiana’s stay at home order through May 15.
Other talking points of the proposed meeting were not elaborated on by the Governor.
During the state’s daily coronavirus task force meeting Tuesday, Edwards announced that he would not hold a meeting Wednesday.
Since that time he has announced his travel plans to Washington D.C., and says he will return with the task force briefing on Thursday.
Tomorrow, I will travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with President Donald Trump to discuss Louisiana’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Currently, Louisiana has the fifth-highest per capita rate of cases in the United States. #lagov #lalege— John Bel Edwards (@LouisianaGov) April 29, 2020
More Coronavirus News
- Louisiana casinos look to rebound after year of pandemic shutdowns and restrictions
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Target employees to receive $500-plus pandemic bonus
- Hospitalizations in Louisiana dropping after surge
- Supreme Court wipes out lower court rulings in Texas abortion battle