(KLFY) – Governor John Bel Edwards announced late Tuesday that he will be meeting with President Trump and Vice President Pence Wednesday at the White House.
Edwards announced the meeting via social media adding that “I am appreciative of the President’s attention to Louisiana and his support for our people during this difficult time.”
The meeting comes just two days after Governor John Bel Edwards announced an extension to Louisiana’s stay at home order through May 15.
Other talking points of the proposed meeting were not elaborated on by the Governor.
During the state’s daily coronavirus task force meeting Tuesday, Edwards announced that he would not hold a meeting Wednesday.
Since that time he has announced his travel plans to Washington D.C., and says he will return with the task force briefing on Thursday.
Tomorrow, I will travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with President Donald Trump to discuss Louisiana’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Currently, Louisiana has the fifth-highest per capita rate of cases in the United States. #lagov #lalege— John Bel Edwards (@LouisianaGov) April 29, 2020
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests
- Could cats hold the key to a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Tampa International to be first US airport to offer COVID-19 testing in terminal