OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A Ouachita Parish Police Juror has come under fire after a Facebook post on the juror’s page struck a nerve with some residents.
The since removed post on OPPJ Vice President Jack Clampit’s Facebook page, pictured below, reads “There’s a simple way to control the looters. Just two words. Choot em.”
In response, community members organized a gathering at the Ouachita Parish Courthouse on Monday afternoon to protest Juror Clampit.
This protest comes just 90 minutes before the police jury meets in-person for the first time since the outbreak of COVID-19.
KTVE/KARD’s Chelsea Jones will have more on the protest tonight on FOX 14 News at Nine and NBC 10 News at Ten.
- Gaunt Joins LSU Men’s Golf Team
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- Caddo Parish coroner reports new COVID-19 deaths, toll rises to 247
- 8:30 pm Thursday live update: It looks like the heat and humidity are here to stay with little rain for the next few weeks
- Candidate Profile: Natchitoches Mayor