LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- SPD: Three injured, two critically, in two separate overnight shootings
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best
- Ambulance service, Louisiana NAACP offering free EMT tuition
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends