ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The St. Petersburg Police Department arrested a man after his neighbor reportedly caught him on video beating his dog unconscious.
The police department said Cole Allan Herrmann, 36, was recorded on video beating his dog in his back yard at 5400 38th Avenue N. Police said the dog was in a metal cage while getting hit in the head repeatedly.
The police report says after Herrmann finished hitting the dog, the video shows the dog becoming unresponsive.
Herrmann reportedly admitted to police afterward that he “spanked his dog too hard.”
He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. His bond was set at $5,000.
The police department said the dog survived and Herrmann surrendered it to Pinellas Animal Services.
- Heat Advisory in place for Thursday; scattered storms return for Friday
- Shreveport police investigate drive-by shooting in Allendale neighborhood
- Shreveport city leaders praise hospital employees’ response to shooting inside facility
- Family wants justice for mother and son killed in Plain Dealing
- “White Pride” billboard gains attention again, thousands sign petition for removal