SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Forty young professionals under the age of forty were announced Friday afternoon as the 2020 Class of 40 Under Forty Shreveport-Bossier Professionals. Our very own Marquel Sennet was selected as one of this year’s honorees.
40 Under Forty honorees are selected by a special committee of the Young Professional Initiative of the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce.
The 40 Under Forty program is designed to bring awareness to the accomplishments of 40 outstanding young professionals working and serving in Northwest Louisiana.
Through this program, YPI will spotlight the educational accomplishments, business achievements, and community leadership of those selected.
Watch below to see all of this year’s honorees share fun facts about themselves.
The 2020 40 Under Forty class includes:
- Janet Attaway, Bossier Parish School Board – Elm Grove Middle School
- Wesley Bange, Bossier Parish Community College
- Candice Battiste, JD, Power Coalition for Equity and Justice
- Brennan Bernard, Core Physical Therapy and Performance
- Parker Brown, Jayhawk Properties, Inc.
- Damien Chapman, Orlandeaux’s Café
- Jessica Comegys, Glow Alchemy Kitchen
- Mallory Cooper, Bossier Parish School Board
- Jordan Dieck, Bossier Parish Schools
- Brittney Dunn, B&D Tax & Accounting Services, LLC
- Katrina Farris, Shreveport Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce
- Katherine Gilmer, Gilmer & Giglio, LLC
- Julian Gluck, United States Air Force
- Michael Gould, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- Jenni Grisham, Ochsner LSU Medical Center
- Badreka Harper, KTBS 3 News
- John Hawkins, ClearView Church
- Kirkikis Canna Hill, Omni Specialty Packaging, LLC
- Charles E. Johnson, Alpha Media and CeJay Enterprises
- Halena Jones, Step Forward
- Katy Larsen, The Agora Borealis
- Wesley Lazarus, Progressive Bank
- Dr. Teresa Manley, Petroleum Club of Shreveport
- Angel Martin, LSU Shreveport
- Kevin Nolten, Cyber Innovation Center
- Jennifer Norris Soto, Ayres, Shelton, Williams, Benson & Paine, LLC
- Mayor Adrian Perkins, City Of Shreveport
- Connor Peterson, Keith D. Peterson & Company, Inc.
- Brittany Pier, Linwood Public Charter School
- Brittany Pike, CYBER.ORG
- Franchesca Posey, Girl Scouts of Louisiana
- Candice Ratliff, M.A., General Dynamics Information Technology
- Marquel Nicol Sennet, KTAL/KMSS & Southern University at Shreveport
- Erin Pyles Smith, Maltshop Marketing, LLC
- Kim Stephens, Metro Aviation
- Britt Elizabeth, Britt Elizabeth Photography
- Onega Ulanova, LA New Product Development Team
- Dellanee Wade, Southern University at Shreveport
- Shuntay Wilson, Bossier Parish Schools
- Elizabeth Wong, McMichael, Medlin, D’Anna, Wedgeworth, & Lafargue, LLC.
The honorees will be recognized at YPI’s 14th annual 40 Under Forty Gala, which will be presented by 318 Forum, on Saturday, Dec. 5. From the list of Honorees, one will be named the 2020 Young Professional of the Year during the Gala.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, YPI will host this year’s Gala virtually. This will allow YPI to celebrate with the honorees, while also adhering to the safety guidelines of social distancing and avoiding crowded spaces.
YPI 40 Under Forty Chair Claire Childs said, “We are excited to be able to do some innovative things with this year’s program and class events, and soon we will be sharing the sponsorship options and tickets available, enabling the community, family members, and employers to show their support for the honorees’ accomplishments.”
For ticket or sponsorship information, contact the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce at 318-677-2500.