BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Louisiana is inching closer to 100 confirmed MIS-C cases.
There has been an increase of two cases over the last week, bringing the total confirmed MIS-C cases to 99. Of those cases, five people under the age of 21 have died and one is currently still in the hospital.
The Louisiana Department of Health provided the most recent MIS-C numbers below:
LDH describes Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children this way:
A condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes or gastrointestinal organs. The cause of MIS-C is unknown but many children with this condition had the virus that causes COVID-19 or had been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Shreveport Mudbugs sweep Wichita Falls to advance to Robertson Cup
- Mudbugs host watch party at George’s Pond
- LSU’s Game One starting pitcher: “I know I can for my team & the fans”
- Arkansas offense explodes in Super Regional victory
- Huntington HS holds balloon release for 17-year-old boy who died in house fire