(KFOR/NBC News) – An Oklahoma woman accused of purposely coughing and sneezing on a police officer is now charged with terroristic hoax.
Body cameras camptured the incident after Ponca City police officers were first called to Cecelia Flores’ home because she was allegedly trying to drive drunk.
“There was an intoxicated female that was trying to get in a vehicle to leave,” said Ponca City Police Capt. Randy Tyner.
After that issue was resolved, officers got ready to leave and Flores went to shake one of their hands.
The officer refused and then tried to explain that he was taking precautions due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Flores then interrupted the officer and violently coughed and sneezed in his direction before saying, “I got it! What’s up?”
Read more about the story here.
More Coronavirus News
- Dr. Fauci: Masks may be seasonal after the pandemic
- Vaccine deserts: Some countries have no COVID-19 shots at all
- What COVID-era travel changes are likely here to stay?
- TSA screens 1.7 million travelers in a single day, highest number since beginning of coronavirus pandemic
- How much money does it take to convince hesitant Americans to get vaccinated?
Copyright 2019 NBC News Channel. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.