TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Gov. Greg Abbott’s office announced Thursday afternoon that he would be visiting Tyler on Friday.
Just days after announcing that he would allow his mask mandate to expire next week, Abbott will come to the Piney Woods. He will hold a press conference with Sen. Bryan Hughes on Senate Bill 12, which is Hughes’ social media legislation.
According to the governor’s office, “SB 12 will help prohibit social media companies from censoring Texans based on the viewpoints they express.”
He will meet Hughes at the Plaza Tower Atrium at 110 N College Ave. at 12 p.m.
- CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine
- Democrats still holding out hope for Medicaid expansion, even as budget amendment fails on House floor
- Why car prices are skyrocketing – and may not fall for a while
- Texas A&M Texarkana receives 250K grant to fund diversity programs
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill