TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – The first presumptive positive case of COVID-19 has been reported in Bowie County, Texas.
According to a statement released just after 1 p.m. Monday, the Texarkana/Bowie County Emergency Operations Center is awaiting confirmation from the Texas Department of State Health Services and more details will be released as they become available.
As of noon Monday, there were 57 COVID-19 cases reported statewide in Texas.
The Bowie County/City of Texarkana, TX Emergency Operations Center has been opened and will operate Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The public telephone number is (903)-255-5560.
Download the ArkLaTexHomepage app to keep up with the latest top stories, breaking news, weather, sports, and more!
More Coronavirus News
- Masks recommended, not required: Bossier Parish Schools outline COVID-19 guidelines for reopening
- Here’s how much each state is adding to the national COVID bump
- CDC calls for nearly 2/3 of US counties to mask-up indoors
- Bhutan fully vaccinates 90% of eligible adults within a week
- SPAR shuts down 3 facilities due to COVID outbreak