TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – The first presumptive positive case of COVID-19 has been reported in Bowie County, Texas.
According to a statement released just after 1 p.m. Monday, the Texarkana/Bowie County Emergency Operations Center is awaiting confirmation from the Texas Department of State Health Services and more details will be released as they become available.
As of noon Monday, there were 57 COVID-19 cases reported statewide in Texas.
The Bowie County/City of Texarkana, TX Emergency Operations Center has been opened and will operate Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The public telephone number is (903)-255-5560.
- Louisiana lawmaker says LHSAA needs to make student health and safety top priority
- LIVE: President Trump resumes briefing after being evacuated by Secret Service amid shooting outside White House
- ADH: 281 active cases of COVID-19 in poultry businesses
- LSU announces COVID-19 safety protocols as fall semester approaches
- LDH reports fourth child death to Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)