TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KSHV) – A man has been arrested after police say he ran over another man with his truck as he was walking on a sidewalk in Texarkana Saturday afternoon.
According to the Texarkana Texas Police Department, 22-year-old Montavious Sharp is charged with aggravated assault in connection to a hit-and-run incident that left a 35-year-old man critically injured.
The incident happened 4:00 p.m. in the 2200 block N. Stateline. Officers say they were called to the 2200 block of N. Stateline about a pedestrian being hit by a vehicle. When they arrived at the scene, TTPD learned that a 35-year-old man was walking on the sidewalk when he was struck by a pickup truck. The victim was taken to Wadley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries.
Investigators say they were able to identify Sharp as the driver of the white Dodge flatbed truck, and he turned himself in Saturday evening.
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Missed opportunities doom Mudbugs in OT loss
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- UPDATE: Shreveport man arrested in connection to South Lakeshore shooting
- Live update: Lots of rain on the way in the week ahead with up and down temperatures