TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – The Texarkana Parks and Recreation Departments from Arkansas and Texas will reopen city park playgrounds on Friday, May 22.
The listed schedule below are from the City of Texarkana.
Friday, May 22: Open
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Skate Park
Tuesday, May 26: Open
Southwest Center, Hours of Operation: M-F (8 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Meetings rooms, All classes (Zumba, Yoga), Gym (Basketball) will be limited to 10 people per session
- Please call ahead to register for classes and court times to ensure availability. 903-798-3978
- Face coverings are recommended for all visitors entering this facility.
Monday, June 1: Open
Texas-side youth sports may begin holding practices at city ballfields with limited space available without spectators other than one parent or guardian per participant. We will begin taking reservations for the available fields on Tuesday, May 26. Please call 903-824-6991 for more information.
Arkansas-side no-contact youth sports may resume practice and competition, with social distancing practiced and the sharing of equipment requiring disinfecting.
Monday, June 15 : Open
Texas-side youth sports may begin holding games or similar competitions, with or without spectators. Spectators should maintain at least 6 feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group.
The Rotary Splash Pad, All Parks Restrooms and Pavilions will remain closed until further notice. The Collins Senior Center will remain closed until further notice.
- Texas enters June with camps open for kids, some pro sports
- Cass Co. reports first COVID-19 death, Bowie Co. confirms 13 new cases
- Nearly 26,000 COVID deaths in nursing homes spur inspections
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: Cases pass 40K as Gov. Edwards prepares to unveil plans for Phase 2
- Domino’s® stores in Shreveport hiring, 150 jobs available