2 wounded in El Paso Walmart attack remain hospitalized

Texas

FILE – In this Aug. 12, 2019 file photo is a makeshift memorial near the Walmart in El Paso, Texas, where 22 people were killed in a mass shooting that police are investigating as a terrorist attack targeting Latinos. A Texas couple, Guillermo and Jessica Garcia, who were injured in the shooting at the store last month, have filed a lawsuit Friday, Aug. 30, against the corporation alleging it did not have adequate security in place to prevent the attack that killed multiple people. The lawsuit is the first filed in the aftermath of the Aug. 3 shooting that also injured about two-dozen people, including the El Paso couple. (AP Photo/Cedar Attanasio, File)

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Two adults who were wounded in an Aug. 3 shooting at an El Paso Walmart that killed 22 people remain hospitalized.

The El Paso Times reports that Mario De Alba, from Chihuahua, Mexico, is receiving treatment at University Medical Center of El Paso and that an unknown patient remains at Del Sol Medical Center.

A family member of De Alba’s told the newspaper he has trouble walking due to his injuries.

A Del Sol Medical Center spokeswoman said she couldn’t reveal the name of the patient who’s there due to privacy protections.

Patrick Crusius was indicted last month in the shooting. According to an arrest warrant, he told police that he was targeting Mexicans. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. An arraignment hearing is scheduled for Thursday.

Copyright 2019 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

HURRICANE LAURA: CLICK HERE TO DONATE

More Check This Out
Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss