FULSHEAR, Texas (CW39) – During a traffic stop near a Houston area elementary school Tuesday, police seized buckets of generic Xanax from a driver who ran a stop sign.
Police pulled a driver over near Campbell Elementary School in Fulshear and conducted a search. Turns out the driver and passenger were not from the area.
That’s where they discovered more than 30 pounds of Alprazolam, generic Xanax pills, totaling a street value of $516,000 – 615,000.
The driver was charged with possession of a controlled substance. Since the driver was stopped near the school, he was also charged with intent to distribute in a drug-free zone.
- Houston-area 76-year-old and her daughter scammed in elaborate rental property scheme
- KINDNESS ROCKS: Elementary school in Louisiana is trying ‘to put a smile on someone’s face’
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Shreveport Salvation Army serves hundreds of meals on Thanksgiving
- Heartwarming photo shows Lafayette police officer spending part of his shift helping homeless man