AUSTIN, Texas (KTAL/KSHV) — The Texas Education Agency has published coronavirus numbers for every school district in Texas.
Last week in collaboration with the TEA, the Texas Department of State Health Services posted on the DSHS website the statewide number of cases of COVID-19 reported by Texas public schools.
The number of student and staff COVID-19 cases in Texas public schools will be updated weekly on Wednesdays.
Starting this week, the numbers will include data by each school district. TEA will link to the data from TEA’s COVID-19 website.
Only few school districts East Texas have more than a handful of cases among students and staff as of September 20, and they are not surprisingly in the hardest-hit counties.
- Texarkana ISD, with an enrollment of just over 6,700, reported five new cases last week among students, bringing the total cases reported among students to 28 so far this year. 26 cases have been reported among staff.
- Mount Pleasant ISD has reported 21 cases among students so far, five of them just last week. A total of 11 cases have been confirmed among staff in the district.
- New Boston has reported a total of 14 cases among students and two among staff.
- Pleasant Grove ISD has reported 13 positive cases among students and three among staff.
- Timpson ISD has reported nine cases among students so far, three of them last week. A total of four cases have been confirmed among staff in the district.
- Marshall ISD has reported three cases among students and two among staff.
Click here to see how many coronavirus cases are in your school district or search the database below.