Texarkana fatal fire sparked by stove top

Texas News

TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – A stove top is to blame for a fatal fire in Texarkana, Texas, according to investigators.

Officials with the fire department said the flames broke out around 1 p.m. Sunday in an upstairs apartment in the 600-block of Belt Road.

Authorities said Kristy Pearcy, 51, and her dog were inside the home at the time, but neither survived the fire.

Pearcy’s body has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy.

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the Arklatexhomepage News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Check This Out

Trending Stories

Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss