WEBER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – According to troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol a 5-year-old boy was pulled over driving his parents’ car on the freeway Monday.
UHP said a trooper in Weber County initiated a traffic stop on what he thought was an impaired driver. Turns out it was a young man, age 5.
The child told troopers he left home after an argument with his mom, in which she told him she would not buy him a Lamborghini. He decided he’d take the car and go to California to buy one himself. Troopers said he might have been short on the purchase amount, as he only had $3 dollars in his wallet.
Troopers said the 5-year-old somehow made his way up onto the freeway in his parents’ car. Officials said he made it from 17th and Lincoln in Ogden down to the 25th St off-ramp SB I-15.
What others are clicking on:
- Olympics organizers say semi-regular testing is helping limit COVID-19 cases during the Games
- Coronavirus conversation: Vaccine hesitancy and how to talk to skeptics
- Why you may start seeing alerts for ‘destructive’ thunderstorm warnings on your phone
- American Raven Saunders dons Joker mask for shot put qualifier
- US lawmakers racing the clock to pass bipartisan infrastructure bill