LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – There are two cases of positive novel coronavirus in Lafayette, city and health officials announced Wednesday.
“We all knew this moment was coming,” Mayor-President Josh Guillory said.
The news of the new cases in Lafayette comes just hours after state public health officials reported that the statewide total had grown to 280 cases and 7 deaths.
Dr. Tina Stefanski, regional medical director for the Office of Public Health in Acadiana said both patients are Lafayette Parish residents.
She added that neither patient was being treated at a local hospital.
More Coronavirus News
- CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine
- LSU Health Shreveport to close vaccination site at LA State Fairgrounds
- Allergic to the COVID vaccine? There’s hope on the horizon, Dr. Fauci says
- Gov. Edwards indicates end of statewide mask mandate could be in sight
- COVID poses added risks to pregnant women, study says