NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Frozen sausage patties sold at Walmart recalled due to salmonella concerns
- Texas Online Overtime: Week 8
- Bill would require companies to disclose job locations
- Kaine, McConnell bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco, including e-cigarettes, to 21
- Impeachment inquiry heats up, fallout on Capitol Hill