MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — Supporters of President Donald Trump attempted to break the record for largest boat parade Saturday in Pinellas County.
More than 1,181 Trump supporters were expected Saturday morning, the organizing website states. That would break the Guinness World Record for largest boat parade, which was 1,180 in Malaysia on Sept. 13, 2014.
While Guinness still cites the 2014 gathering in Malaysia in its record book, an organizer of a ‘Trumptilla’ in South Carolina in July said over 3,000 vessels participated in their pro-Trump parade.
Saturday’s attempt at the record organized in the Gulf just north of Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach at 10 a.m. The official boat count took place at the Welch Causeway Bridge in Madiera Beach.
No official count has been announced.
- ‘I hope I make it’: 7-year-old Alabama girl sells lemonade to fund her own brain surgeries
- Monarch butterflies down 26% in Mexico wintering grounds
- Man spends hours yelling for help after vehicle plunges over cliff on mountain pass
- ‘Great leader’: Principal fixes haircut of student who refused to go to class on first day of school
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover