TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Voices of Courage: Community Renewal
- Body found by railroad tracks in Georgia turns out to be sex doll
- Mooringsport officer gets second chance to serve community
- Ford unveils new Bronco, says website overwhelmed by ‘stampede of reservations’
- Council approves mask ordinance and delays smoking ban in casinos