BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Police Department is investigating an online complaint made by LSU Wide receiver Koy Moore.
The freshman posted on Twitter that Baton Rouge Police Officers pulled their guns on him assuming he had a gun and drugs. He also said the officers screamed at him and violated him several times, even going as far are trying to unzip his pants to search him.
We made a request to BRPD to do an interview about how officers are trained in search procedures, but they declined.
The officers were called out to the area to investigate a party, but according to the incident report they found nothing.
Baton Rouge Police Officers wear body cameras. We put in a public information request for that video. The Baton Rouge Police Department’s legal advisor replied saying the requested records are not subject to disclosure at this time because the video footage is part of an open internal affairs case.
The department’s legal advisor added that we can resubmit our request for that video once the case has concluded.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Austin police: ‘No known threats’ on Inauguration Day but a safety plan is still in place
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- Caddo superintendent: About half of district staff has signed up to get coronavirus vaccine
- Lifeshare Blood Center calls for convalescent plasma donations to help COVID-19 patients